Not one to shy away from eating any part of an animal, our James has recently been influenced in the kitchen by Fergus Henderson, specifically his 2012 book The Complete Nose to Tail. This weeks choice of offal is the humble kidney. Go on, don’t be shy – give it a go, you might like it!
- Cut the kidneys in half, cut out the white gristley bit
- Mix flour, cayenne pepper, mustard powder and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Melt some butter in a pan, roll the kidneys in the flour mixture and place them in the pan cooking for a couple minutes each side. Then add Worcester sauce and chicken stock and let the all the ingredients mix a little.
- Take the kidneys and put them on some thick toast and then reduce the sauce in the pan and pour over the kidneys.
- You can always add a bit of lambs lettuce for a bit of green healthy stuff…
*a recipe by Fergus Henderson “The Complete Nose to Tail” 2012